@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase winner!
Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase Trends 2017:
- All winners, except in 2013, 2015 and 2016, were 1st or 2nd LTO (2015 winner was 3rd lto out so look for top 3 finishes lto although Ballyalton fell before his win last year)
- 5/8 winners actually won LTO
- 11/12 were beaten on at least 2 chase starts before the race
- All winners bar one aged 6 or 7 (Ballyalton aged 9 last year)
- Look twice at horses that ran in a novice hurdle at festival last year
- Respect Henderson, Jonjo, Hobbs and McManus owned horses
- Horses outside the front 6 in the betting have only won twice (pays to concentrate on those at the head of the betting)
- 10/12 priced at 12-1 or lower
- Each way bets on horses wearing headgear have returned a major profit in last 8 yrs
- Irish only have 1/12 winners
- Last 43 Graded chase winners all beaten (Including Willow’s Saviour last year who fell when fancied at 10-1)
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the Close Brothers Novices Handicap Chase. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!