@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years Supreme Novices Hurdle winner!
Supreme Novices Hurdle Trends 2017:
- 13/14 last winners were 5 or 6 year olds.
- 19/22 last winners had at least 6 starts (Vautour only had 4 starts but won as a 4 year old in France, Douvan 3 starts before winning this – Altior had 7 starts before the Supreme win in 2016)
- 18/20 previous winners won last time out
- 12/15 last had run within 50 days of race day – 16/21 within 45 days (Douvan ran 59 days before the race before his win and Altior 78 before his win)
- 11/17 were Irish trained horses
- Favourites are 8 from 36 in this (poor race for favourites until recent years when Vautour and Douvan went off best backed when solid favourites – Altior second fav last year)
- 10/13 favourites starting at 3-1 or below have been beaten! (Douvan bucked this trend in 2015 when 2-1f)
- 8/24 winners had just 1 or 2 runs over timber (weakening stat)
- Ex bumper horses have won 7/9 and have filled 23/28 of the last win and place places
- Only 2 winners since 1993 have failed to run in the same calendar year
- 4/13 contested last year’s Champion Bumper
Could this years winner come from the Champion Bumper?
1st Moon Racer (2nd Fav for the supreme)
3rd Wait for me
1st Ballyandy (Betfair Hurdle win since)
3rd Bacardys (won the Deloitte in Ireland)
4th Castello Sforza
5th Westend Story
6th High Bridge
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the Supreme Novices Hurdle. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!