The Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle is a Grade 3 hurdle race for horses aged 4 years old. It is a handicap race for novice hurdlers, and is run on the Old Course where runners must jump eight hurdles .
The race was one of many to be introduced in 2005 when a fourth day was added. It was originally a listed race before being promoted to Grade 3 in 2009, and was previously the Fred Winter Juvenile Hurdle
It traditionally has a large field and so can often offer some each way value to punters.
Type: Grade 3 Hurdle Race
Distance: 2m 1/2f
Age: 4 year olds
Prize Fund: £80,000
- Paul Nicholls has won this three times, with Gordon Elliott twice a winner
- Only one favourite (4/1) has won in ten years
- The shortest price non-favourite to win was 9/1, and there have been winners at 25/1 (twice), 33/1 (three times) and 40/1
- Six winners had won over the distance
- Eight winners had won a race, all within their last three starts
- Five winners had had three previous outings