@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years Triumph Hurdle winner!
Triumph Hurdle Trends 2017:
- 18/23 won last time out (2014- Tiger Roll 2nd in his prep race in a Grade 1. 2015- Peace & Co did win LTO. 2016 winner was 4th LTO)
- 15/17 had their prep run in Feb (Peace and Co late Jan)
- 16/17 won at least 50% of their hurdle races
- 12/16 were by a Group 1 winning sire
- A high percentage of winners were rated above 80 on the flat (including Our Connor the 2013 winner, and last year’s winner)
- 16/22 were in the first 4 in the betting, including 11 of last 12. (Really good race usually for the fancied horses and Peace & Co won when fav in 2015 and the fav won in 2016 as well)
- Horses with Flat form should be looked at (need to have been placed at least at 1m 4f or above when looking to this stat although Our Connor (2013) only placed over 1m 1f albeit on Heavy)
- French imports won 4 from 8 (4 of first 5 in 2013 were French bred excluding Our Connor IRE bred. 3 of last 4 winners have been IRE bred. Peace & Co most recent winner FR bred)
- Irish are 3/66 runners since 2002 (Our Connor broke the previous trend of 0/57 and the Irish have now won 3 of the last 4 and are on the up)
- 5 Adonis hurdle winners (Kempton) followed up since 1999
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the Triumph Hurdle. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!