@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years Coral Cup winner!
Coral Cup Trends 2017:
- 14/16 carried between 10st and 11st 3lbs (although 2 of last 4 carried near enough top weight)
- 21/23 winners rated no higher than 147 (Whisper bucked the trend in 2014 rated 153 as did Diamond King last year when racing off 149)
- 9/11 won last time out
- 18/23 won earlier in the season
- 14/15 had a lay off in excess of 38 days (favours fresh horses)
- 4/11 were actually off the track since Christmas!
- 11/16 were aged 7 or 8 (though 2013 winner Medinas and 2014 Whisper won and were 6 yr olds – 2015’s winner Aux Ptits Soins was only a 5 year old)
- Favourites only 2/22
- Hold up horses do well in this event so look for horses that come through at the death
- Horses aged 10+ are 2/29 to place since 1999 (avoid them as a rule)
- Irish have a great record especially with horses returning from a long absence (took the prize again last year with Diamond King for Elliott)
- Look twice at JP McManus runners in this
- 7/8 won off 139 or higher (better quality race than County and Pertemps now)
- 12/16 were 2nd season hurdlers
- FR breds now 8/15 (were 3rd, 4th and 5th last year behind two Irish bred horses)
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the Coral Cup. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!