The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase is a Grade 1 National Hunt steeplechase for horses of 5 years old and older. The race is run on the Old Course and runners have to jump 12 fences. It is the feature race of the second day.
The race has been won by some huge names in the past, including Altior, Sprinter Sacre and Moscow Flyer.
3.30 Queen Mother Champion Chase (ITV/RTV)
Type: Grade 1 Steeple Chase Race
Age: 5 year olds +
Weight: 11st 10lb
Allowances: 7lb for mares
Prize Fund: £400,000
- Nicky Henderson has won this four times, with Henry de Bromhead and Paul Nicholls twice a winner
- Eight horses aged under 10 have won
- Four favourites have won
- Five winners were previous Festival winners
- Seven winners won their previous race (a Graded chase), six had won their previous two races
- Nine winners had won a Grade 1 chase
- Six winners had won over course and distance