@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years Festival Plate winner!
Festival Plate Trends 2017:
- 17/17 won a Class 3 or higher
- 16/17 won between 2m 3f and 2m 5f
- 13/17 run within 42 days of race day (However, Ballynagour the 2014 winner was kept fresh having not run since November for Pipe, and the 2015 winner Darna had been off track for 70 days bucking the trend. the 2016 winner, Empire of Dirt also had a long lay off, so weakening stat in recent years)
- 20/25 had a top five finish in their final prep race (again Ballynagour bucked this trend as he pulled up lto before his win and Darna finished 7th lto before his win)
- 18/21 carried 11st or less
- 26/29 had a rating no higher than 142
- French Breds have won 6 of the last 16 renewals (French breds were runners up in 7 of the other 10)
- Only 1 winning favourite since 1981
- 15/16 winners started at double figure odds – (2013 winner was 50/1 Carrickboy, 2015 winner was 33/1, 2016 winner was 16/1)
- 20/25 previously ran at Cheltenham
- Pipe, Venetia Williams and Henderson won 8 of last 12
- Irish’s first win in this came last year, the first since 1951!
- Only 1/16 had won at Cheltenham before
- 8/8 had not won a Graded chase before
- 15/16 went off at 12-1+
- 9/11 raced up with the pace (Empire of Dirt came from off the pace and hosed up last year)
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the Festival Plate. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!