@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years JLT Novices Chase winner!
JLT Novices Chase Trends 2017:
- No winner of a Cheltenham novice event up to 3m ½ furlong aged 8 or older in history
- 5/6 winners were Irish (first 2 home in 2014 were French bred – 3 of first 4 home in 2015 were also FR bred)
- 5/6 were 1st or 2nd LTO (last year’s winner Black Hercules F LTO)
- Respect Grade 1 novice chase form
- Pattern race winners over hurdles have done well in this in its short duration
- 6/6 raced within 54 days of the race
- All 6 winners ran at Cheltenham festival the previous year
- 5/6 were novice hurdling season before their win
- 4/6 finished in the first 3 in a G1, two won a G2 (Black Hercules won a listed race)
- 5/6 were in the first 4 in the market
- 4/6 won LTO
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the JLT Novices Chase. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!