@Cameron3012 has compiled the following trends to help pick this years Kim Muir Challenge Cup winner!
Kim Muir Challenge Cup Trends 2017:
- 8 or 9 yr olds are 15/22 (last year’s winner aged 8 again – Cause of Causes)
- Horses aged 11+ should generally be avoided, 1 win and only 4 places in the past 13 renewals (The Package won as a 12 yr old in 2015 however)
- 13/14 carried 10st 10lbs or more (note that the weights have been more compressed in recent years so not much of an angle here)
- 9/15 placed at least once in last 2 starts (The Package and Cause of Causes bucked this, weakening trends last two years)
- 14/14 raced in a c3 or higher handicap chase last time out (2015 winner ran in a Grade 3 handicap LTO and Last year’s winner raced in a G2 chase)
- 16/17 raced over at least 3m last time out
- 10/15 had won over 3m (5 exceptions finished third or better over 3m+)
- McCain and Henderson are collectively 4/15 in this race boasting two wins each (the former has won 2 of the last 10) Pipe also does well.
- 10 of last 12 winners were priced between 9-2 and 16-1
- Favourites are 4 from 16 (25% strike rate)
- Non claiming amateur jockeys have filled 27/32 win and place positions in recent years (Jamie Codd is 4/8 winning 50% of recent renewals)
- 5/6 wore headgear
- 7/11 ran in a Cheltenham handicap the previous season
- 7/8 from first 6 in the market
- F and UR horses that season are 0/64 since 2005
- Irish only have 2 winners since 1963
There’s a lot of information to potentially help us pick a winner here. SkyBet are Non Runner No Bet on the Kim Muir Challenge Cup. Sign up here & get £10 free no deposit required!