The OLBG Mares Hurdle is a Grade 1 National Hunt hurdle race. It is open to mares aged four years or older & is run on the Old Course at Cheltenham. During the race the runners have nine hurdles to jump.
It is a relatively new race with the first running of it only taking place in 2008.
Quevega is the queen of this race having won six times, whilst Willie Mullins has also dominated winning nine of the ten runnings.
Type: Grade 1 Hurdle Race
Distance: 2m 4f
Age: 4 year olds + (Mares and Fillies Only)
Weight: 10st 10lb (4yo) 11st 5lb (5yo+)
Prize Fund: £120,000
- Willie Mullins has won nine of the ten runnings of this race, with Gordon Elliott winning in 2017
- The age spread of winners is 5yo to 10yo, with four 7yo winners
- Seven favourites have won in the last ten years, with the longest priced non-favourite 6/1
- Eight winners won their previous race
- All winners had won over distance
- Six winners had already run between nine and 12 times
- Since Quevega last won in 2014, all four winners have run at least twice in the same season